International Music Festival Koblenz, Opening Concert
- Johann Sebastian Bach: Concerto for two Violins, Strings and Basso Continuo in D minor BWV 1043
- Dimitri Shostakovich: Concerto for Piano, Trumpet and String Orchestra No. 1 op. 35
- Anton Arensky: Variations on a Theme by P. I. Tchaikovsky op. 35a
- Giovanni Sollima: Violoncelles, vibrez!
- Pablo de Sarasate: „Navarra“ for two Violins op. 33
Linus Roth, Violin
- Simone Porter, Violin
- Boris Giltburg, Piano
- Tamás Palválfi, Trumpet
- Jérôme Pernoo, Violoncello
- Benedict Kloeckner, Cello
- Eldbjørg Hemsing, Violin
- Stephen Waarts, Violin
- Georgian Chamber Orchestra Ingolstadt
On the CD with flutist Kathrin Christians and the WKO Heilbronn conducted by Ruben Gazarian, released by Hänssler Classic in May 2017, concertos by Jindřich Feld and Mieczysław Weinberg are heard as well as the Adagio by Mikis Theodorakis—all seldom performed works for flute and orchestra.
The German radio program SWR2 Treffpunkt Klassik comments on June 20, 2017: “The joy of making music, virtuosity, a delirium of sound and finally, an apocalyptic explosion with a hellish scenario all rolled in one… At this time, the recording with Kathrin Christians and the Württemberg Chamber Orchestra under Ruben Gazarian should be the best choice for a new discovery of this literally staggering piece (by Jindřich Feld). A chamber orchestra bursts at its seams, what a wonderful horror… Here the piece literally blows up in your ears in a way that is sheer fun.”
“A courageous program, thanks to the passion and curiosity of Kathrin Christians. The raison d’être of her first CD was the Flute Concerto by Jindřich Feld, a Czech composer practically forgotten. Especially here, the flutist demonstrates what a boundless range of timbres can be conjured up from her instrument—from a warm, soft sound that rises straight to utmost intimacy to a vigorous, energetic rebellion that makes the listener shiver… The Württemberg Chamber Orchestra under Ruben Gazarian is a reliable partner also here…” Concerti, May 26, 2017.