- Johann Sebastian Bach: Concerto for two Pianos in C major BWV 1061
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Concerto for two Pianos and Orchestra No. 10 in E-flat major K. 365
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Symphony No. 7 in A major
Khatia Buniatishvili, Piano
- Gvantsa Buniatishvili, Piano
- Georgian Chamber Orchestra Ingolstadt
- Gabriel Fauré: „Pelléas et Mélisande“
- Maurice Ravel: „Ma mère l’Oye“
- Ottorino Respighi: „Antiche danze ed arie“– Three Suites for Orchestra
Georgian Chamber Orchestra Ingolstadt
- Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy: Concerto for Violine, Piano and Orchestra in D minor
- Robert Schumann: Symphony No. 3 in E-flat major „Rhenish“
Paul Huang, Violin
- Louis Schwitzgebel, Piano
- Fribourg Chamber Orchestra
- For her first CD with the Württembergisches Kammerorchester (WKO) Heilbronn and its artistic director, Ruben Gazarian, flutist Kathrin Christians has received the OPUS KLASSIK award as Newcomer of the Year. The recording was released by Hänssler CLASSIC in 2017.
- OPUS KLASSIK is the new award for classical music in Germany, successor to the Echo-Klassik. The first award ceremony took place at the Konzerthaus in Berlin on Sunday, October 14, 2018.
- In the award-winning recording, the flutist performs concertos by Jindřich Feld und Mieczysław Weinberg and the Adagio by Mikis Theodorakis in an intimate dialog with the Orchestra and its chief conductor. With this recording, the musical partners Christians, Gazarian and WKO Heibronn have brought to life (again) rarely heard items from the flute repertory.
The accolade aired by the German SWR2 radio channel speaks of “joy of making music, virtuosity, and a delirium of sound,” and pizzicato magazine stresses the flutist’s intensity and the excellence of the Württembergisches Kammerorchester Heilbronn.
For more information, see www.opusklassik.de (in German only)